Online learning experience
By studying towards your online programme you will be offered a state of the art learning environment, the freedom to participate in classes whenever and wherever you choose and the opportunity to earn the highly respected degree you need to advance your career.
But, studying for your degree online may also raise some questions and concerns. It’s a new and unknown experience, so it’s natural to be uncertain about what to expect and how the process will unfold.
The Unicaf team will walk you through the entire process upfront and will be there to support you every step of the way from first contact to graduation. We also offer the following brief highlights as an introduction to the Online Experience.
Highlights of Online Learning
- Your classes will take place in a Virtual Online Learning Environment (VLE). You can log in at any time at your convenience. Once online, you’ll communicate with your instructors and fellow students, read assigned texts, access digital materials, post assignments and comment on other students’ contributions. While you’re required to log in at least two separate days each week, you will, of course, benefit greatly from regular and more frequent attendance.
- Your online course experience will take place on an advanced Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) designed to facilitate the optimal learning experience for students. In addition to the online educational platform you will utilise to communicate with faculty and fellow students, you’ll also have access to e-books offering you the capability to highlight, annotate, create bookmarks, search, download, and online library with thousands of volumes of relevant journals and reference e-book collections.
- Similar to a campus classroom, the online experience will include extensive participation and interaction with faculty and fellow students. You’ll benefit from the full use of our dedicated online services to communicate with relevant support departments.
- Once you have successfully completed your degree, you will be eligible to participate in the traditional annual graduation ceremony on campus.
- Module sequences begin each month, so you can enroll in and begin your degree programme, immediately putting you that much closer to your graduation.
- Students first have to successfully complete the online Induction Module and then take one core programme module at a time, typically lasting from 4 - 12 weeks depending on the type and level of the programme. This advanced learning method, designed for adult learners, allows you to concentrate your entire focus on one subject area before moving onto the next, while also allowing you the flexibility to study at your own pace and earn your degree while in full time employment.
- The degree you earn will hold the same value, acceptance and credibility as any equivalent degree earned in a traditional campus environment.